Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thanks Grandma and Daddy T

Immediately when I saw the shiny red plastic through the packaging, I knew it was a fire truck and said, "She must be joking!".

My mom and dad had a larger than life package delivered to Connor today that turned out to be a 21 inch, remote cotrolled, water squirting, SIREN SCREAMING, fire truck. I laughed the whole time I untied the 9 million metal twist ties that held it in the box thinking, "they mnust be joking...they are trying to torture me...did they not hear I just had a baby?..." After Liam pushed the siren button for the twelth time in a row, we set it aside until after supper. With Liam and Novak fast asleep tonight, I took Connor out on the back deck to let him explore his new prized possesion. He was enthrawled with every buttons movement(there are 10 total!) and concentrated hard to make the truck do what he wanted it to do. I completely underestimated his ability to play with the fire truck, instead of push the siren button over and over again, like I thought he would do.

My initial annoyance with the choice of gift quickly subsided as I watched my newly 3 year old manuveur the fire truck across the deck, swing the ladder, raise the bucket and squirt the water in order to, "put out the fire on the grill!!" Thanks Mom and Dad...we love it!!!

1 comment: