Monday, March 9, 2009

March MADNESS



Quite possibly my favorite month of the year, March is finally here!! I love everything March has to offer from birthdays and holidays to spring weather and spring break. Most of all I love March for the basketball!! When I was growing up we would be granted one "mental health day" a year. My dad would let us skip school and take us to the sports bar with him to watch basketball all day long. As the years went on he developed Bracketville: a highly intense(name calling, smack talking, harassing emails...its all there!), nuptually secured(you must marry into the family to be involved), trophy-winning bracket contest between everyone in our family. Three weeks of games, hundreds of emails and endless hours of tv watching will all boil down to one winner claiming the homemade trophy and coveted lunch with my mom.
This Sunday as I watch the selections, I'll be reminiscing about the smell of beer and nachos, overwhlemed with the notion that in three short years I'll be writing a little note to Connor's teacher as to why he is not in school-Mental Health Day!! I LOVE March!!!




No comments: