Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The trip heard round the world!!


1. Anna pulling Liam on the ice rink. 2. Liam with his "were the same size" six mo. cousin.




3. Connor cleaning the ice with his remote zamboni. 4. Slurping his cereal like a pro!!

5. Connor's highlight of the trip: Working with Daddy T in the garage on several projects.

6. Connor showing me he can walk in his skates.


We are still recovering from our lengthy trip to Omaha: the piles of laundry, the sleep deprivation...oh, it never ends. As I begin looking through pictures, videos and gifts from our trip I am overwhelmed with emotion. We literally "moved in" with my parents which meant we woke up, ate every meal and did most day to day things with them for 2 weeks. Dan and I both cherish this time because our boys get constant time with Grandma and Daddy T to make great memories. Connor was busy most days playing with cousins, having sleep overs or skating on the rink. He totally engulfed the idea of Santa and his reindeer which made Christmas morning magical for everyone. Liam seemed to forget his "mommy attachment" and played with the kids, sat with gma for book after book and spent mornings with her while Dan and I slept.

Every year my dad floods our backyard, and has recently taken up hockey at age 55!, so several nights there were groups of friends, family members or teammates out skating until all hours of the night. My brother Daniel was also staying with my parents and my sisters were frequent visitors with their kids so the house was always busy with happenings but thats what made the trip so fun.

As always, it breaks my heart to get in the car and drive away from my parents house but the memories we take away with us each time help us look forward to the next time we get to go home and spend that quality time with them(which, might I add, is in mid February!!).

No comments: