Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home at last



Connor bonked Liam in the face

and gave him his first black eye(left)


Connor and my parents at

a UNO hockey game

Goofing around before bedtime

We arrived home yesterday from our fun-filled, two week trip to Omaha. Although I'm tired, I know I have to update this thing for those that check frequently-J?

'Fortuate' is how I feel as I sit here reflecting on all that took place in Omaha. Both Dan and I are grateful to my parents for allowing us to move in, reflux and all, for 16 days. I know I would have struggled here on my own and we can't thank them enough for all their help. It is special that the boys get that much alone time with Grandma and Daddy T when we come to town-thank you! Having my brother and three sisters in town, along with their kids, really made the trip exciting and busy. We can't wait to come back and play. I was able to hang out and catch up with friends several times thanks to gracious babysitters. Finally, my heart is still filled with overwhelming joy from the incredible support and turn out for the Parkinson's Skate-a-Thon last weekend. We far surpassed the $3000 goal and seeing how many people care about the cause was incredible. Our family is blessed to be surrounded by such generous, caring individuals.

Connor had a blast exploring every inch of my parents house(especially the construction site). He is talking more, still sleeping great and overall a happy kid. Liam is still battling reflux which interferes with almost every feeding but we hope to find a fix for that soon. He is out growing clothes fast, more aware of his suroundings and gives great big smiles to anyone who will take them!

It's so nice to be back in the frozen tundra. It was a memorable two weeks and a loving, supportive family made much of the that possible. Thank you!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Whew...you FINALLY updated your blog! My blog-reading obsession is now satisfied. So happy to have you back in MN!