Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The best weekend Duluth has to offer!

You now know my feelings on Grandma's weekend here in Duluth! I love the atmosphere, the people and, of course, the race. The Wing's arrived last Thursday and we spent the afternoon catching up and getting to know their adroable little girl Lilly. Friday morning I hosted a playdate to introduce Lilly and Kari to all my super mommy friends, then it was nap time and packet pick up before heading to a friend's house for a pre-race supper.

The race went fairly well. I keep telling people, "my body just wouldn't go any faster, my lungs were fine but I couldn't go any faster". I finished in 2:00:51 which is remarkable to me and I'm very happy with that time. It was awesome to run along side friends, wave to friends cheering and kiss my three best boys as I passed them at Lake Ave. Although this was the toughest race for me yet, I hope to be running it again next year with Dan and Kari(you go girl!). Dan had both boys dressed, fed and down to Lake Ave. by 7:15am to cheer me on...what a trooper!

Connor and Liam are loving summer. We play in the pool out back almost daily, have taken several walks on the Lakewalk and meet up with all our friends once a week at various parks around Duluth.

Summer is upon us and what better time to sit back, put your feet up and enjoy a popsicle while the kids play in the sun?!?!

No comments: